Sell YOUR gear in our shop on Consignment!
Click here to see our latest used gear inventory and price list of over 1,000 items.
We try to update this list weekly so please check back for new additions. We will soon be improving our website display of this information so that you can quickly see what items are recent arrivals.
Use our friendly, knowledgeable employees to help figure out the best solution for your outdoor gear needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime you think some other retailer is just too discounted to pass up. We don't just want your business, we need it. We will earn it. We will also help you navigate through scams, marketing nonsense, and keep your shopping local.
Top 10 reasons to bring your extra backcountry gear and clothing to our shop for consignment sale:
- You need the money.
- No one is using that bike,ski,climbing helmet, jacket, tent.... Put it back into circulation.
- A local who can't afford to buy new is going to be PSYCHED to buy it.
- Better for the environment.
- Justify getting new gear by getting rid of old gear.
- Mike might just buy it for cash. email email@example.com w/pics. Or come in Saturday afternoon and find Mike.
- This is really fun, buying and selling used backcountry gear. Come see! One person's junk is another's treasure.
- You have nice outdoor clothing that just doesn't fit right, and you never wear it.
- Good mojo
- Help our shop The Back Country survive. Mike will hook you up with retail deals for helping us grow this side of our business. We are SERIOUS about this.
How it works:
- Fill out our form or make your own. It must be filled out in full.
- product name, description, size, color, your cut (price you want)
- the more you tell us, the better chance it will sell.
We markup products to earn a profit margin between 33% and 50%. In other words, if you want $100 for your item, we will sell it for between $150 and $200 depending on a number of variables. All determined by Mike. Standard retail store deal there. If we sell your items at a discount, it comes off our end. Remember that our cost of doing business eats up most of that, and we are left with the standard 5-10% net profit if we are lucky. Your outdoor gear has a higher value generally in the retail store environment compared to selling it privately, don't stress that we are marking it up. People get service, selection, and half price (or better) compared to retail. You'll end up with about the same results craigslist or ebay would have got for you, except you don't have to pack and ship and deal with the buyer.
Got a big load of unwanted outdoor gear but short on time? I'll pick it up. email firstname.lastname@example.org for a driveway pickup! Take your stuff home anytime for free with the help of an employee. You can get paid CASH or store credit.