I try to do this ride every year on my birdthday. success yesterday. The main goal is to hit Watson Peak, Scott Peak, and Standford Rock, without repeating much trail and still hitting the better descents. Flowers are unreal right now, more than I've ever seen.
Rode our new Ellsworth Epiphany demo bike. Sick! My new bike for sure.
I think this ride is about 50 miles, but I didn't research. It took me over 6 hours ride time, and 8 hours total including ample breaks. I can count 5 hours of climbing for sure, there isn't much flat terrain around the lake.
1. start in TC and ride from Jackpine to Watson Peak on fire roads. I use burton creek singletrack and a little rim trail section to be more direct and fun. 1:15 climb.
2. Down watson peak singletrack, right on rim trail and go over Painted Rock, Missing Link, and Western States Trail. Get lunch for the backpack at Alpine Riverside Cafe.
3. Up Snowcrest near the Alpine Meadows Stables to Scott Peak. 1:15 climb. Hang out for half an hour at the upper Lakeview chairlift patrol shack with cool tahoe people who were up there.
4. down singletrack into Alpine Meadows Ski Area to bottom of Lakeview trail, and find hidden trail beneath the bottom of the lift. This parallels Ward Canyon Road and goes back to Paige Meadows. Then drop down to Ward Canyon Road.
5. Up Standford Rock standard loop. I think they put a few new hills on this trail near the top. Back across ward canyon road after descending the Rim Trail from near Twin Peaks, and climb to Paige Meadows following the rim trail all the way to Tahoe City.